Ingredients for noodles
375g/13ozs. all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Oil for greasing
Ingredients for sauce
4 Tbspoon of soy sauce
3 Toasted sesame seeds
1.5 Tbspoon of vinegar
½ Tspoon of cumin
2 Tbspoon of chilli flakes
- Combine the flour, water and salt together until the mixture becomes dough. Knead the dough until it becomes elastic. Shape it into a log and cut 8 even pieces. Shape them into a balls, coat with oil and leave in a warm place to rise. Let the dough balls rest at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Place water into a pot and bring it to boil.
- Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients into a small saucepan and heat for a minute. Keep the lid on to keep it warm.
- Roll out the dough balls (to be thin) on a lightly floured surface using a rolling pin. Each piece (of noodle) should be around 4 centimetres wide. Firmly press the rolling pin against the centre of the noodle leaving a dent.
- .Place the noodles into the boiling water and boil them for a minute until they rise to the waters surface. Extract the noodles and place them in the bowl, and pour over the chilli oil sauce (from the pan above).